20,000 collaborative artworks thanks to an artificial intelligence
Artvatars is a new collaborative art project on the Polygon blockchain. Sixty artists worked together on different characters, and an artificial intelligence mixes the creations before they are sold to collectors. The result is a collection of 20,000 unique Artvatars, consisting of different elements designed by famous digital art creators.
Each Artvatar consists of 12 components. When collectors buy an Artvatar, these algorithm randomly assigns the different components. As a result, the buyer doesn’t know what type of design they will receive. The eyes could be designed by Bryan Brinkman, the hair by Alotta Money, and the background by Kitty Bast. In total sixty artists worked on the project.
The Artvatars project on the Polygon blockchain reminds us a bit of Hashmasks, another character-based art project that combined works of different artists. Currently, there are more than 4,000 wallets holding one or more Hashmasks. During their hype in February, some of these Hashmasks sold for more than $1 million. The launch of Hashmasks spawned hype in digital collectibles, even though CryptoPunks is still considered king.
Whether Artvatars will meet similar success, remains to be seen. The project launches on April 14th on the Polygon blockchain. To buy an Artvatar, collectors need to transfer ETH to the Polygon blockchain. The earliest buyers will pay 0.2 ETH for a character, and the price will increase 0.2 ETH after every 5,000 sales. They set 0.8 ETH as the maximum price.
Once they’ve sold all 20,000 Artvatars, the artworks will only be available on the secondary marketplace on OpenSea.
Move ETH to Polygon blockchain
- Make sure you have ETH in your Ethereum wallet. Also, make sure that this Ethereum wallet is accessible through Metamask.
- If you don’t have Metamask installed in your web browser, go to Metamask.io
- Once you have ETH in your Metamask wallet, also add the Polygon blockchain to the wallet as a network option.
- Click on the Metamask icon (the orange fox) in the top-right corner of your browser > click the network drop-down menu > and select Custom RPC
- Enter the following details
- Network Name – Matic / Polygon
- New RPC URL – https://rpc-mainnet.matic.network
- Now you have ETH in your wallet, and Polygon is a network option, switch the network back to Ethereum Mainnet.
- Go to Matic Bridge – https://wallet.matic.network/bridge/
- Select how much ETH you want to transfer > click Transfer
- Confirm the pop-ups and transactions. It will take 7~8 minutes to have the ETH moved from Ethereum to Polygon blockchain. Your ETH will now be WETH.