A step-by-step guide on all the things you need to know about governance on DappRadar
In this article we explain how RADAR governance works in the DappRadar ecosystem. We discuss our governance tech stack, and give you a step-by-step guide on all the things you need to know.
Blockchain technology allows people to build autonomous protocols on distributed systems. These pieces of software on the blockchain – also called dapps – are often designed by communities from all over the world. Because there’s no central authority behind them, decentralized governance is essential to introduce decision-making. Token holders get to suggest, debate, and potentially add to a service, game or dapp.
On DappRadar, we use the RADAR token as our way of giving community members influence over decisions and developments on our platform.
The DappRadar Governance tech stack
- Discord – where the community can discuss ideas
- Forum – where ideas become plans for a proposal
- Snapshot – where the community posts and votes on proposals
- Gnosis – the multi-sig governance treasury
- Boardroom – where the community can keep track of all things related to DappRadar governance
DappRadar Governance step-by-step
- As a RADAR token holder, you automatically unlock new possibilities in the DappRadar ecosystem. Your RADAR token holdings give you a vote in the future development of The World’s Dapp Store.
- The community discusses on Discord in our public channels. Once a certain idea gains traction, it’s time to create more structure.
- An idea will then be moved to our Forum, where the community contributes to create a proposal. When a proposal has been formulated, it’s time to give the vote to the community. You will need at least 20 votes, and of course the majority of the votes need to be in favor.
- After that, community members with at least 100,000 RADAR tokens can submit and post a proposal on Snapshot. Once posted on Snapshot, token holders with RADAR tokens in their Web3 wallet are eligible to vote. Voting works by signing a gas free message. The more tokens someone holds, the greater their voting power. The minimum voting period is 72 hours. A proposal only passes when 10,000,000 (10 million) RADAR tokens or more participate in the vote. When this is not the case, the plan is shelved or needs to go back to the writing table.
- Once a proposal has been accepted by the community and it doesn’t require any on-chain transactions, development will start. However, when tapping into the Treasury is required, the proposal can be vetoed within a 72-hour timeframe by DappRadar’s management. When they approve the proposal, funds will be made available and development can begin. If a proposal is rejected by DappRadar’s management, the community will need to rework it and re-submit it for approval.
Please note — All data, parameters and criteria mentioned on this page are subject to community feedback. These are the initial parameters and subject to change. The RADAR token empowers the community to have a say in the future of DappRadar, the World’s Dapp Store. Read more about the RADAR token on https://docs.dappradar.com/.