Five out of the ten most expensive NFTs have been created by Cherniak
The generative artworks by Dmitri Cherniak have become a golden standard in the NFT landscape, almost as if his work is the Mondriaan of the blockchain. In the past 7 days, five out of the ten top-selling NFTs came from Cherniak’s creations, good for more than $13 million in trading volume.
Comparing the works of Cherniak with Mondriaan is perhaps a bit of a far stretch. Even though both seem to have a love-hate relationship with the concept of symmetry. One artwork by the painter sold for $50.6 million in 2015, putting the value of the painter’s classic far above the works of Cherniak. Yet, Cherniak’s Ringers and other artworks are becoming more valuable every week.
With a $6.93 million price tag Ringers #109 changed owners, setting a record sale for an NFT from the Art Blocks Curated collection. The Top 10 NFT Sales shows Ringers #220 and #621 selling for more than $2 million each. Interestingly, all those Ringers artworks were purchased by the same NFT collector. While they also bought Fidenza #77. The collector now has $58.5 million worth of NFTs in their wallet, according to the DappRadar Portfolio Tracker.
In second place we see the NFT artwork Some Asshole by XCOPY, which was purchased by Cozomo de Medici a.k.a. Snoop Dogg. The American rapper now owns an NFT collection valued at over $20 million. Followed by Fidenza #77, which was acquired by the same collector as the one that bought the Ringers.
Top 10 NFT Sales – Sept 27 / Oct 3
- Ringers #109 – $6.93 million / 2.1k ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- Some Asshole – $3.9 million / 1.3k ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- Fidenza #77 – $2.87 million / 950 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- A Slight Lack of Symmetry – $2.42 million / 769 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- Bored Ape #2087 – $2.24 million / 769 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- Ringers #220 – $2.19 million / 750 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- Ringers #621 – $2.04 million / 700 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- CryptoPunk #4220 – $1.53 million / 450 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- A Slight Lack of Symmetry – $1.51 million / 500 ETH – See buyer’s NFT collection
- Loot bag #748 – $1.43 million / 420.69 WETH – See buyer’s NFT collection