XCOPY NFT art, a Mega Mutant Serum, and a Mirandus Vox blue dragon
Even though 2022 only just started, NFT traders made big investments spending over $5 million on three different NFT products. With a $6,19 million price tag, an artwork by XCOPY changed hands for 1630 ETH after being acquired for 1000 ETH only three months ago.
While 2021 saw the rise of NFT collections like Bored Apes and other generative collections, some expect NFT art to take off in 2022. At least, the purchase of All-Time High in the City by XCOPY underlines that hypothesis. Three years ago the artwork sold on SuperRare for 0,5 ETH, which was 0.88 ETH at that time.
Where other NFT artists will also see their artworks appreciate this much in value in the coming twelve months, remains to be seen. Artists like XCOPY, Pak, Beeple, and Fewocious have become household names in the NFT space. Read this article in which we celebrate 17 artists for their contributions to the NFT space.
Mega Mutant Serum hype
After a Mega Mutant Serum purchase a week earlier, the trend continued last week as two serum NFTs found new owners. Someone paid 999 WETH or $3,75 million for a serum, while Chain.com CEO Deepak Thapliyal paid $5,8 million or 1,542.069 ETH for a Mutant Serum NFT.
On Twitter he explained that he believes that Bored Ape Yacht Club and Mutant Ape Yacht Club will go down in history as the Bitcoin and Ethereum of the NFT movement. Mega Mutant Apes are the rarest of them all, with only 13 of them.
With all the hype going towards Bored Apes and XCOPY, we would almost forget about the Blue Dragon, Mirandus Vox NFT. This one sold for 5,02 million or 10,85 million GALA. Just before Christmas a Red Dragon switched hands for $1,48 million, which now almost seems like a steal. The only unsold dragon in the Mirandus Vox collection is the green one, which is not listed on the market.
Top 10 NFT Sales
December 27, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- All Time High in the City, by XCOPY – $6,19 million / 1630 ETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- Mega Mutant Serum – $5,79 million / 1540 ETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- Blue dragon, Mirandus Vox – $5,02 million / 10,85 million GALA – Buyer’s portfolio
- Mega Mutant Serum – $3,75 million / 999 WETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- Meka #2194 – $1,83 million / 500 WETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- Bored Ape #3562 – $1,64 million / 430 ETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #5902 – $1,2 million / 315 ETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #7622 – $919,640 / 249,95 ETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #4770 – $826,190 / 219 ETH – Buyer’s portfolio
- Bored Ape #9455 – $695,230 / 185 WETH – Buyer’s portfolio