~ben sold for more than $605.000
Amidst the regular top sales of Bored Apes and CryptoPunks, it’s the sale of an Urbit ID NFT that stands out in this week’s Top 10 NFT Sales. An Urbit Galaxy NFT simply named ~ben, sold for $605.280 or 140.8 ETH. These NFTs need to become crucial nodes in the Urbit Network.
With a $1.11 million price tag, CryptoPunk #8898 became the most expensive NFT of the week. It was followed by another 7 punks and a Bored Ape. However, the appearance of an Urbit ID NFT stands out in this week’s sales list. It’s particularly surprising considering that this NFT isn’t generative art, nor is it a game item or virtual land. The Urbit ID is an identity or node for a new type of network.
Urbit is a network that gives users access to a personal server where they can establish peer-to-peer connections. Ultimately it’s a technology that’s about eliminating the middleman, allowing software to serve personal needs instead of advertisers or cloud corporations. The developers describe Urbit as owning a home, but on the internet. NFTs will give users access to their encrypted servers.
The Urbit ID that sold last week was a Galaxy. In this case, the Galaxy carries the name ~ben. There will be 256 possible Galaxies, each part of a DAO, and each can issue 255 stars. These stars can provide, for example, software updates to more than 65.000 planets each. These planets are the user-owned servers we mentioned earlier. To learn more about Urbit, we advise you to read more here or dive in by buying a planet for 0.025 ETH.
Top 10 NFT Sales – November 15-21, 2021
- CryptoPunk #8898 – $1.11 million / 260 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #8359 – $1.06 million / 250 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape #7698 – $953.550 / 225 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #4222 – $908.290 / 207.69 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #7357 – $733.730 / 160 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #9031 – $706.450 / 163.69 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #9522 – $675.660 / 159 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #7479 – $663.770 / 150 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #800 – $654.720 / 137.94 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Urbit ID, ~ben – $605.280 / 140.8 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
While you’re still here, perhaps learn a bit more about Urbit…