Trending Dapps | Week #1 | 2022
Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi yield farms, NFT collections, and play-to-earn games. This week we check out some of the hottest play-to-earn and GameFi opportunities. DeFi across several blockchains and as always, a look at six exciting NFT drops making waves right now.
The blockchain is full of dapps that are under constant development. At DappRadar we track thousands of them across 20 different blockchains. Every week DappRadar dives into the ecosystem to uncover the dapps that are trending, upcoming, and interesting to discover. No matter whether it’s DeFi on Ethereum, an NFT collection on Wax, or yield farming on Binance Smart Chain, we got you covered.
DeFi & Yeild Farming
When we talk about DeFi, often we mention Uniswap, SushiSwap, and PancakeSwap. These big protocols exist on Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon. However, every blockchain offers DeFi opportunities, so we highlight some of the upcoming platforms on alternative blockchains.
- GoodDollar is a non-profit protocol on Ethereum and layer 2 Fuse
- Governed by the GoodDAO aimed to enable every person to be able to use digital currency
- Unite Finance is the first algorithmic stable coin on Harmony Mainnet
- Pegged to the price of 1 ONE via seigniorage
- Vesq is a reserve currency backed by assets on Polygon.
- Stake, bond and leverage your assets for the best returns
- PinkSale is a protocol aiming to provide users with the capabilities to launch their own token and create their own initial token sale
- Nacho is an algorithmic stablecoin designed to bring high APRs, with low fees, to Ethereum holders on the Polygon Network
- Traverse is the first multi-chain reserve currency protocol currently available on the Avalanche Network based on the VERSE token
Games are fun, but blockchain-powered games add a whole new economical layer to the experience. Suddenly you can play a game and make money from it. Not all games have the same type of financial incentives, but every blockchain asset gains value when a community grows.
- SolaJump NFT game is bringing back the classic arcade gaming experience with a twist
- 10,000 NFTs, algorithmically generated unique collectibles
- CryptoPlanes is an expansion of the CryptoCity metaverse
- The place where the famous NFT racing game CryptoCars was founded
- PlayMining is a Play to Earn NFT game platform
- Play various free games. You can earn DEAPcoin(DEP) as you play games.
- Choose Life, choose space, choose friends.
- Become the icon you desire and roam in spaces such as exhibitions, dance floors, and shopping malls
- Elfin Kingdom is a fusion of Defi yield farming, NFT collections and mining with competitive E-sports
- An open source play-to-earn game with endless possibilities to earn
- Plant, Craft, Mine, Chop, Fish, Fight and much more as you build your farming empire
Top NFT Collections
CryptoPunks and Art Blocks have become some of the most sought-after NFT collections out there. However, there are plenty of other projects that serve as great collectibles. Here we highlight six NFT projects that are interesting to explore with more drops on the horizon. Did you know you can buy and sell NFTs on DappRadar? Just log in and start using our Portfolio Tracker!
- 6,666 Kumo residents, 9 classes, 500+ traits.
- A percentage of sales go towards childrens and mental health charities
- Multi-century inter-species warfare has left a handful of survivors from the Ape population
- Diverse set of apparel, gear, looks and much more
- A unique collection of 7,979 3D hand-drawn Prime Apes, stored on the Ethereum network
- In less than 24 hours Prime Ape Planet reached 100,000+ Discord Members
- Phanta Bear is a collection of 10,000 algorithmically generated digital collectibles that double as membership cards for the Ezek Club
- LinksDAO NFTs will allow for community access, governance, a wide variety of perks, and games in the near term
- ChainFaces Arena is the much anticipated successor to the original on-chain generative ASCII text faces
Undoubtedly, metaverse land is the next big hit in the NFT space. Outputting record sales numbers and constantly increasing NFT prices, virtual worlds are the new top commodity in the crypto space. The wave of attention towards virtual worlds like The Sandbox and Decentraland started with Facebook’s rebranding to Meta.
- Leading virtual world platform
- MANA token
- Regular land sales and secondary market availability
- Fully immersive VR virtual world
- CUBE token
- Land and world sales now on Solana Haloplex
- In The Sandbox, creators can craft, play, share and trade their own game worlds
- LAND token
Top NFT Shards
Given that NFTs are selling for notable amounts of money the idea of fractionalization is popping up, giving smaller investors a chance to get involved. The technical process of fractionalization, or sharding as it is also known, is quite simple. Take an NFT, lock it into a vault, and receive tokens in return. These tokens then represent ownership over the NFT that has been locked away, and their value increase or decrease means value fluctuations for the NFT asset. Investors can then buy these tokens and own a shard of the NFT. To learn more check out our complete guide to fractionalized NFTs.
- The infamous Doge NFT has been sharded in 1.1 billion pieces
- Each DOG token is currently worth $0.0103
- Etherrock was one of the first Ethereum collectible NFTs
- Each PEBBLE is currently worth $0.00143
- A collection of 104, floor priced CryptoPunks
- Each FLOOR token is currently worth $0.0448
The above does not constitute investment advice. The information given here is purely for informational purposes only. Please exercise due diligence and do your research. The writer holds positions in ETH, BTC, NIOX, AGIX, MATIC, MANA, SAFEMOON, SDAO, CAKE, HEX, LINK, GRT, CRO, OMI, GO, SHIBA INU, AND OCEAN.