Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi, NFT and games.
Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi yield farms, NFT collections, and play-to-earn games. This week we check out some of the hottest play-to-earn opportunities on the Wax blockchain. Dive into NFT marketplaces on the newly integrated Solana, and look at six exciting NFT drops making waves right now.
The blockchain is full of dapps that are under constant development. At DappRadar we track thousands of them across 20 different blockchains. Every week DappRadar dives into the ecosystem to uncover the dapps that are trending, upcoming, and interesting to discover. No matter whether it’s DeFi on Ethereum, an NFT collection on Wax, or yield farming on Binance Smart Chain, we got you covered.
DeFi & Yeild Farming
The total value locked (TVL) in Solana has risen considerably in 2021 and now since we integrated the blockchain into the DappRadar rankings it’s possible to see which dapps are driving that value. Its TVL has grown to more than $12.7 billion across its DeFi dapps. As such, it’s time to dig in and see what’s driving the majority of the value and user activity on Solana right now. Additionally, we look at three other DeFi services performing particularly well right now.
- Self proclaimed ‘most user-friendly DEX on Solana’
- Exchange tokens with minimal transaction fees and lower latency
- An on-chain order book AMM powering DeFi on Solana
- Faster and cheaper than Ethereum services
- Saber is a protocol enabling seamless cross-chain liquidity exchange
- Supporting assets from Solana, Ethereum, BSC, Polygon, Celo, and more
- Arguably the first DeFi staking platform on Ethereum
- Unique mechanics worth investigating
- Convenient token swaps in the metamask wallet
- Rumours of a token driving more swaps
- Compeititve fees
- OHM is a decentralized reserve currency that remains unbound by a peg
- Olympus rewards stakers with compounding interest
Play-to-Earn Gaming on Wax
Games are fun, but blockchain-powered games add a whole new economical layer to the experience. Suddenly you can play a game and make money from it. Not all games have the same type of financial incentives, but every blockchain asset gains value when a community grows. Here are 6 new games with a play-to-earn mechanic on the Wax blockchain.
- The first farming sim on Wax
- $26M in NFTs sales to-date
- Build your farm, earn from your work
- Fantasy heroes of Panda live and fight for the freedom of their lands
- Earn WoF tokens
- A crypto farm where NFTs represent real products from real farms
- Grow your farm for real world profit
- Scrub the deck and get ready to sail!
- Gold is a CPR token with real economic value
- Breed unique Koloboks and play adventures to get NFT-prizes
- Stake your unused NFTs for profit and enjoyment
- Stake NFTs — mine Aether
NFT Marketplaces on Solana
CryptoPunks and Art Blocks have become some of the most sought-after NFT collections out there. However, there are plenty of other projects that serve as great collectibles. Here we highlight six NFT projects that are interesting to explore with more drops on the horizen. Did you know you can buy and sell NFTs on DappRadar? Just log in and start using our Portfolio Tracker!
- The leading NFT marketplace on Solana
- Allows anyone to acquire or sell Solana-based NFTs
- The second places NFT platofrm on Solana right now
- A more curated approach towards crypto art
- Solana’s OpenSea equivilent
- Enables creators to choose and embed licenses when they mint NFTs
Top NFT Shards
Given that NFTs are selling for notable amounts of money the idea of fractionalization is popping up, giving smaller investors a chance to get involved. The technical process of fractionalization, or sharding as it is also known, is quite simple. Take an NFT, lock it into a vault, and receive tokens in return. These tokens then represent ownership over the NFT that has been locked away, and their value increase or decrease means value fluctuations for the NFT asset. Investors can then buy these tokens and own a shard of the NFT. To learn more check out our complete guide to fractionalized NFTs.
- The infamous Doge NFT has been sharded in 1.1 billion pieces
- Each DOG token is currently worth $0.0103
- Etherrock was one of the first Ethereum collectible NFTs
- Each PEBBLE is currently worth $0.00143
- A collection of 104, floor priced CryptoPunks
- Each FLOOR token is currently worth $0.0448
The above does not constitute investment advice. The information given here is purely for informational purposes only. Please exercise due diligence and do your research. The writer holds positions in ETH, BTC, NIOX, AGIX, MATIC, MANA, SAFEMOON, SDAO, CAKE, HEX, LINK, GRT, CRO, OMI, GO, SHIBA INU, AND OCEAN.