Trending Dapps | Week #50
Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi yield farms, NFT collections, and play-to-earn games. This week we check out some of the hottest play-to-earn and GameFi opportunities. DeFi across several blockchains and as always, a look at six exciting NFT drops making waves right now.
The blockchain is full of dapps that are under constant development. At DappRadar we track thousands of them across 20 different blockchains. Every week DappRadar dives into the ecosystem to uncover the dapps that are trending, upcoming, and interesting to discover. No matter whether it’s DeFi on Ethereum, an NFT collection on Wax, or yield farming on Binance Smart Chain, we got you covered.
DeFi & Yeild Farming
When we talk about DeFi, often we mention Uniswap, SushiSwap, and PancakeSwap. These big protocols exist on Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon. However, every blockchain offers DeFi opportunities, so we highlight some of the upcoming platforms on alternative blockchains.
- Fuse token holders are able to stake their tokens
- Participate in the network governance and security and earn annual percentage yield (APY)
- Fuse.fi brings DeFi capabilities to the mainstream
- Via the consumer-friendly Fuse Cash mobile app
- Combines already established liquidity mining, with bonds
- AMM DEX on top with the partly collateralized stablecoin $FAM
- Combining different stablecoins allows GyroDAO to maintain price stability
- Maintaining a price higher than $1 along a high APY
- Snowbank is a decentralized reserve currency that remains unbound by a peg
- Available on the Avalanche blockchain
- Making the Klaytn DeFi ecosystem easier and more efficient by providing DeFi services
Games are fun, but blockchain-powered games add a whole new economical layer to the experience. Suddenly you can play a game and make money from it. Not all games have the same type of financial incentives, but every blockchain asset gains value when a community grows.
- Sci-Fi play-to-earn NFT game on BSC
- Collect explorers and time machines to travel back to the past and search for $EPK
- Baby Metaverse Play-to-Earn game on BSC
- Summon characters, complete daily mining missions
- Xpansion is a decentralized 4x strategy game on the WAX blockchain
- Set in the near future powered by NFTs
Undoubtedly, metaverse land is the next big hit in the NFT space. Outputting record sales numbers and constantly increasing NFT prices, virtual worlds are the new top commodity in the crypto space. The wave of attention towards virtual worlds like The Sandbox and Decentraland started with Facebook’s rebranding to Meta.
- Leading virtual world platform
- MANA token
- Regular land sales and secondary market availability
- Fully immersive VR virtual world
- CUBE token
- Land and world sales now on Solana Haloplex
- In The Sandbox, creators can craft, play, share and trade their own game worlds
- LAND token
- Dесеntrаlized city builder strategy game
- MEGA token
- Available on Ethereum, Polygon and Tron
- A virtual world on the Ethereum blockchain
- Players can buy land and build stores and art galleries
- Axie lands will become part of a bigger playable game in 2022
- Leading play to earn platform in 2021
Top NFT Shards
Given that NFTs are selling for notable amounts of money the idea of fractionalization is popping up, giving smaller investors a chance to get involved. The technical process of fractionalization, or sharding as it is also known, is quite simple. Take an NFT, lock it into a vault, and receive tokens in return. These tokens then represent ownership over the NFT that has been locked away, and their value increase or decrease means value fluctuations for the NFT asset. Investors can then buy these tokens and own a shard of the NFT. To learn more check out our complete guide to fractionalized NFTs.
- The infamous Doge NFT has been sharded in 1.1 billion pieces
- Each DOG token is currently worth $0.0103
- Etherrock was one of the first Ethereum collectible NFTs
- Each PEBBLE is currently worth $0.00143
- A collection of 104, floor priced CryptoPunks
- Each FLOOR token is currently worth $0.0448
The above does not constitute investment advice. The information given here is purely for informational purposes only. Please exercise due diligence and do your research. The writer holds positions in ETH, BTC, NIOX, AGIX, MATIC, MANA, SAFEMOON, SDAO, CAKE, HEX, LINK, GRT, CRO, OMI, GO, SHIBA INU, AND OCEAN.