Trending Dapps | Week #11 | 2022
Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi and yield farms, NFT marketplaces and collections, and the top play-to-earn games.
The blockchain is full of dapps that are under constant development. At DappRadar we track thousands of them across more than 20 different blockchains. Every week DappRadar dives into the ecosystem to uncover the dapps that are trending, upcoming, and interesting to discover. No matter whether it’s DeFi on Ethereum, an NFT collection on Wax, or yield farming on Avalanche, we got you covered.
DeFi & Yield Farming on Avalanche
This week we take a look at six DeFi, token exchange, and lending dapps on the Avalanche blockchain. The Avalanche protocol is attempting to cherry-pick the best aspects of current distributed ledger technology and place it within a tidy frame. By implementing the innovations of Ethereum and the EVM, and respecting age-old systems while changing the core mechanics to achieve faster, lighter, and cheaper running costs.
- Trader Joe is a one-stop-shop decentralized trading platform native to Avalanche. Trade, Farm, Stake, Lend and Launch … All under one roof
- A community-driven decentralized exchange for Avalanche and Ethereum assets with fast settlement, low transaction fees
- Protocol to earn on deposits & borrow assets now running on Avalanche
- Lower fees and transaction times than on Ethereum
- Sushi is the leading DEX on Ethereum and sees around 1 million active wallets a day
- It operates multichain and now on Avalanche
- Platypus is an Avalanche-native StableSwap platform that is based on Asset Liability Management.
- It is crafted against existing StableSwap limitations
- Community-Driven Avalanche Ecosystem Accelerator
- Colony Provides early-stage funding to Avalanche built projects & liquidity to existing Avalanche DeFi protocols
Play-to-Earn & GameFi
Games are fun, but blockchain-powered games add a whole new economical layer to the experience. Suddenly you can play a game and make money from it. Not all games have the same type of financial incentives, but every blockchain asset gains value when a community grows. Here are six play-to-earn games trending this week.
- Zeedz is the first play-for-purpose game where players reduce global carbon emissions by collecting plant-inspired creatures: Zeedles
- Crypto Unicorns is a playful Farming and Unicorn Breeding Game built on the Polygon blockchain
- Gameplay centers around Unicorn and Land NFTs
- Have you ever thought about being a cryptocurrency miner?
- Here’s your chance, grab an NFT and be a cryptocurrency pioneer
- Ancient Realms is a play-to-earn incremental RPG on the Wax blockchain
- Put your weapons and gear NFTs to use
- Shroom Kingdom is an upcoming play-to-earn game built on the NEAR Blockchain
- Compete against live players across the world with your unique NFT supercars
- 4 tournaments a day
- Winners get the prize pool
Virtual World Land NFTs
Similar to physical real estate, NFTs representing a parcel of digital land inside a blockchain-based virtual world have proven to be assets that can store value. Since Meta’s announcement last October, the demand for these virtual land NFTs has surged, driving their price up. However, amidst a crypto price slump, savvy investors can potentially find a bargain.
Did you know you can buy and sell NFTs on DappRadar? Just log in and start using our Portfolio Tracker!
Top NFT Shards
Given that NFTs are selling for notable amounts of money the idea of fractionalization is popping up, giving smaller investors a chance to get involved. The technical process of fractionalization, or sharding as it is also known, is quite simple. Take an NFT, lock it into a vault, and receive tokens in return.
These tokens then represent ownership over the NFT that has been locked away, and their value increase or decrease means value fluctuations for the NFT asset. Investors can then buy these tokens and own a shard of the NFT. To learn more check out our complete guide to fractionalized NFTs.
- The infamous Doge NFT has been sharded in 1.1 billion pieces
- Each DOG token is currently worth $0.0103
- Etherrock was one of the first Ethereum collectible NFTs
- Each PEBBLE is currently worth $0.00143
- A collection of 104, floor priced CryptoPunks
- Each FLOOR token is currently worth $0.0448
The above does not constitute investment advice. The information given here is purely for informational purposes only. Please exercise due diligence and do your research. The writer holds positions in ETH, BTC, NIOX, AGIX, MATIC, MANA, SAFEMOON, SDAO, CAKE, HEX, LINK, GRT, CRO, OMI, GO, SHIBA INU, AND OCEAN.