Trending Dapps | Week #6 | 2022
Your weekly update to discover new dapps in a variety of categories, including DeFi and yield farms, NFT marketplaces and collections, and the top play-to-earn games.
The blockchain is full of dapps that are under constant development. At DappRadar we track thousands of them across more than 20 different blockchains. Every week DappRadar dives into the ecosystem to uncover the dapps that are trending, upcoming, and interesting to discover. No matter whether it’s DeFi on Ethereum, an NFT collection on Wax, or yield farming on Binance Smart Chain, we got you covered.
DeFi & Yield Farming on Cronos Chain
This week we shine a spotlight on the DeFi centric, recently integrated Cronos Network, the EVM compatible network backed by the hugely popular Crypto.com exchange. Since the Cronos Mainnet Beta launch in November 2021, the ecosystem has generated increased builder and user demand, and after one month of launch, it was already one of the top 10 public blockchains by total value locked (TVL). Currently, over 100 dapps are deployed and live on the Cronos mainnet beta, with over $2 billion TVL.
- VVS is designed to be a simple to use DeFi platform for users to swap tokens, earn yields
- Take control of your finances and earn VVS rewards
- AMM & DEX on Cronos Chain that offers fee rebate via trade mining
- Protocol Owned Liquidity (POL)
- CronaSwap aims to become a benchmark for DEX platforms on Cronos
- Swap and earn tokens
- The native token of CronaSwap is CRONA
- EmpireDEX is a Multi-Chain DEX Protocol on Cronos
- Hub for traders to bridge tokens in Cronos
- Token swap and faming options
- Lending and borrowing platform on Cronos
- Cross-chain money market
- Earn passive yield and access instant backed loans
- TONIC governance token
- Decentralized exchange (DEX)
- Providing liquidity and enabling peer-to-peer transactions on Cronos
Games are fun, but blockchain-powered games add a whole new economical layer to the experience. Suddenly you can play a game and make money from it. Not all games have the same type of financial incentives, but every blockchain asset gains value when a community grows. Here are six play-to-earn games trending this week.
- Metaverse-inspired online NFT game
- Explore Elvantis as a bounty hunter, or dive into a farm to earn items that can be given away to build strong alliances or traded on the marketplace
- Arena Of Glory is an NFT game on the Wax blockchain
- Free-2-Play and play-2-earn Gladiators game
- Go on adventures, fight in the arena and become the best
- Get HappyLand’s native token $HPL to acquire land, crops and animals
- Individualize game experiences with unique character styles and merchandise
- Take your NFT’s on voyages to find chests, upgrade your ship, build a fleet and more
- Earn Doubloons to upgrade your flagship and your fleet
- Fully playable car quartet game in which each NFT represents a playing card
- Simple high/low mechanics
- Player vs AI, Player vs Player and Multiplayer modes
- Land to Empire is a play-to-earn mobile strategy game on Near Protocol
- Players need to build their own village, army and defense infrastructure
Hot NFT Collections
CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club have become some of the most sought-after NFT collections out there. While these live on Ethereum, many other projects serve as great collectibles on different blockchains. Here we highlight three NFT marketplaces on the so-called environmentally friendly Tezos network that are interesting to explore with NFT drops on the horizon.
Did you know you can buy and sell NFTs on DappRadar? Just log in and start using our Portfolio Tracker!
- Onchain land art from a dynamically generated, onchain 3D world
- 9,919 NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain
- KCG are 3D Kitties living in the Metaverse
- Created by two artists that worked for Marvel, Disney, Neftflix, Warner Bros, and more
- 10,000 avatars that give you membership access to The Garden
- Azuki holders receive access to exclusive drops, experiences, and more
- 7,777 generative portrait art collection by a former Riot Games Artist, Zeronis
- Cute and aesthetically appealing girlfriends that also happen to be dangerous assassins
- 8,888 Generative NFTs on the Ethereum Blockchain represent individualism by portraying elements of the diverse and unique
- Over 1,000 traits
- 10,000 NFT’s with a unique combination of traits inspired by the rich world of anime
- Asuna NFTs can be customized and shaped
Top NFT Shards
Given that NFTs are selling for notable amounts of money the idea of fractionalization is popping up, giving smaller investors a chance to get involved. The technical process of fractionalization, or sharding as it is also known, is quite simple. Take an NFT, lock it into a vault, and receive tokens in return. These tokens then represent ownership over the NFT that has been locked away, and their value increase or decrease means value fluctuations for the NFT asset. Investors can then buy these tokens and own a shard of the NFT. To learn more check out our complete guide to fractionalized NFTs.
- The infamous Doge NFT has been sharded in 1.1 billion pieces
- Each DOG token is currently worth $0.0103
- Etherrock was one of the first Ethereum collectible NFTs
- Each PEBBLE is currently worth $0.00143
- A collection of 104, floor priced CryptoPunks
- Each FLOOR token is currently worth $0.0448
The above does not constitute investment advice. The information given here is purely for informational purposes only. Please exercise due diligence and do your research. The writer holds positions in ETH, BTC, NIOX, AGIX, MATIC, MANA, SAFEMOON, SDAO, CAKE, HEX, LINK, GRT, CRO, OMI, GO, SHIBA INU, AND OCEAN.