Generative art and avatar NFTs remain strong performers in the NFT space
With $278,000 for a virtual estate in The Sandbox, there’s only one non-art NFT in this week’s list of DappRadar’s Top 10 NFT Sales. CryptoPunks dominated the charts, followed up by two NFT artworks by XCOPY. Autoglyphs and Bored Ape Yacht Club complete the top 10.
During the past 7 days there haven’t been any individual NFT sales worth more than $1 million. As a matter of fact, the values of the NFTs in the DappRadar Top 10 NFT Sales are all similar, ranging from $196,000 to $396,000.
The top purchases happened in the CryptoPunks collection. As the price of ETH is dropping, some investors consider this an opportunity to invest in the CryptoPunks NFTs. While CryptoPunks are often considered the first NFTs on Ethereum, XCOPY is one of the first NFT art creators. That’s why his earlier works, that originally sold for a couple of hundred dollars, are now selling for $200,000 or more.
The NFT sale that stands out in this list, is one of The Sandbox. A large estate of 144 land parcels sold for 530,000 SAND through an auction on OpenSea. That’s more than $278,000 calculated at the time the auction ended on Friday. That’s the only NFT sale that would not qualify as an artwork, avatar or digital collectible.
Top 10 NFT sales
- CryptoPunks, punk #8870 – $396,790 / 200 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- CryptoPunks, punk #5002 – $385,560 / 205 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- CryptoPunks, punk #2895 – $288,020 / 141 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- The Sandbox, 12×12 estate – $278,470 / 530,000 SAND – Owner’s wallet
- XCOPY, Wasting your life – $240,770 / 125 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- XCOPY, Crunch – $221,580 / 115 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- Autoglyph, glyph #199 – $202,970 / 102,5 WETH – Owner’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club, ape #3749 – $202,050 / 105 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- CryptoPunks, punk #920 – $197,460 / 99 ETH – Owner’s wallet
- CryptoPunks, punk #1183 – $196,580 / 101 ETH – Owner’s wallet
Lots of increased trading activity
Despite the fact that CryptoPunks-dominated Top 10 NFT Sales, overall the NFT market has seen much more activity across the board. Bored Ape Yacht Club increased its trading volume 322% to more than $19 million thanks to on-going community-powered services and enthusiasm. However, they are still behind Axie Infinity with its $179 million in the past 7 days.
The real winner last week was Art Blocks. A total of 2,719 NFT sales have generated more than $9,79 million in trading volume. Within this NFT collection, an on-chain generated artwork collection called Fidenza has been making lots of noise. The price floor for Fidenza artworks is now 18 ETH or $33,600.
Over the weekend there has also been lots of noise surrounding a new NFT collection called SupDucks. Last week’s NFT revelation Cool Cats saw its trading volume drop 56% to $3,1 million.
Take a look at the top NFT sales yourself, using the DappRadar NFT Sales Tracker. You can also make sure to use the DappRadar Portfolio Tracker, to get insight in your NFT collection and your DeFi portfolio.