Solana-based messaging app brings improved security and data protection
Secretum, an up-and-coming messaging service on the Solana blockchain, is taking on big competitors like WhatsApp and Telegram. One of the main goals before Secretum is to bring a higher level of security and data protection to its users. Thanks to the Solana blockchain, messages and data are transferred at lightning-fast speeds, and with the safety of distributed ledger technology.
In our modern-day society, everyone generates tons of data while communicating with friends, family, and even business contacts. Unfortunately, the messaging services we’re using are not entirely reliable to protect this data. Data leaks and security breaches have left millions of users exposed, and their data available to hackers and ill-minded third parties.
Data breaches on Telegram
Telegram took the world by storm when it was first released in 2013. The brainchild of the Durov brothers, the founders of VKontakte (known as “Russia’s Facebook”) soon became a synonym for secure, end-to-end encrypted messages.
Telegram was an immediate hit and grew exponentially. Telegram had only 100,000 active daily users in October 2013. However, it reached 100 million in January 2016 and 500 million by the end of 2020. As of today, Telegram is the fifth most popular messaging app in the world:
Despite its success and growth, recent events have begun to cast a shadow on Telegram’s reputation:
- In June 2019, hackers were able to break into the Telegram accounts of thousands of top Brazilian officials, including President Bolsonaro
- In March 2020, Telegram mistakenly exposed the data of 42 million users (user account IDs, phone numbers, and names).
- Telegram suffered a massive data leak in August 2020 that exposed the personal data of over 500 million users.
- Cybercriminals were able to take advantage of Telegram’s chat scripting tools to hack bank account data.
- The cyber unit of the Chinese government claimed in 2018 to be able to hack into Telegram.
This combination of events has led many users to ask themselves whether Telegram really is as secure as it boasts to be. Not only that, breaches like that have motivated Lithuania-based dapp developers to create Secretum – a next-generation messaging service that employs the powers of blockchain technology to secure customer data.
Secretum solves the data protection problem
Secretum is the world’s first and only decentralized, encrypted messaging app, built on the innovative Solana blockchain. It offers users an easy, intuitive, and direct messaging platform, based on unique technological innovations:
- A completely secure and anonymous sign-up, only requiring a crypto wallet address. There is no need for names, IDs, or phone numbers. Total user privacy, without compromise.
- No cloud storage, no user moderation, and complete end-to-end encryption for all messages between users – completely eliminating the risk of hacks or data leaks.
- All messaging history and files are held on anonymous, independent, and non-connected nodes, on the Secretum network – which eliminates all points of failure and. Additionally, as the network grows and expands its nodes, Secretum becomes increasingly secure.
In addition to its advantages as a messaging app, Secretum also revolutionizes how crypto assets are exchanged. Via a proprietary P2P function, all fungible and non-fungible crypto assets can be traded between users. What’s more users will not need an exchange to do that. Thanks to Solana, one of the fastest blockchains at the moment, Secretum fully takes advantage of low gas fees, high block speeds, and minimal commissions.
Secretum sets a new standard for global messaging apps. The dapp makes communications more secure, more reliable, and more trustworthy than ever before. With its crypto trading functions, it positions itself to ride the trend of rising global crypto asset ownership and trading.
DappRadar now tracks Solana dapps
The Secretum team is on the right track by choosing the Solana blockchain as the foundation of its revolutionary messaging app. Solana has taken the blockchain community by storm, as unprecedentedly fast transaction speeds and low gas fees offer seamless trading.
DappRadar is excited to share that we are now tracking numerous dapps on the Solana blockchain. As its popularity continues to grow, more and more developers turn to this blockchain to host their dapps.
If like Secretum, you’ve found the Solana blockchain superior, you can easily submit it for tracking on DappRadar here. We’re excited that Solana is now building a vast ecosystem of decentralized applications. Especially, including Secretum, the most trusted blockchain-based messaging service.
Join the Secretum Private Sale here: https://secretum.io/
Disclaimer — This is a sponsored article. DappRadar does not endorse any content or product on this page. DappRadar aims to provide accurate information, but readers should always do their own research before taking action. Articles by DappRadar can not be considered as investment advice.