You will need to spend at least $1,5 million to enter the top most valuable NFTs
The tremendous growth of the NFT market has gone hand-in-hand with increasingly premium pricing for top NFT collections, as a top 10 NFT is selling for at least $1,5 million this week. The top seller this week was a $5.6 million Ringers, closely followed by a $5,3 million zombie punk.
Looking at the top-selling NFTs, nothing has changed a lot over the past few weeks. Art Blocks and CryptoPunks dominate the individual sales as well as the total sales for NFT collections. The Ringers and Fidenza series especially stand out within the Art Blocks offering.
Notable is the fact that one NFT collector bought both punk #7252 and #9052, spending at least $6.9 million on NFTs over the past week.
Top 10 NFT Sales – August 22-29, 2021
- Ringers #879 – $5.68 million / 1.8k ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #7252 – $5.33 million / 1.6k ETH – See buyer’s portfolio*
- Fidenza #313 – $3,33 million / 1k ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #8888 – $2,87 million / 888,8 ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- Fidenza #772 – $2,45 million / 777 ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- Sad Doge – $2 million – See buyer’s portfolio
- Fidenza #870 – $1,64 million / 500 ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #9373 – $1,63 million / 499,99 ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #8135 – $1,6 million / 500,89 ETH – See buyer’s portfolio
- CryptoPunk #9052 – $1,56 million / 500 ETH – See buyer’s portfolio*
This week the Top 10 NFT Sales contains two outsiders: the $2 million Sad Doge meme NFT, and one of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs. It’s the Bored Apes series that has seen a tremendous amount of interest over the weekend.
Bored Apes become Mutant Apes
Bored Ape developers have airdropped Serum NFTs to their community, allowing Bored Ape owners to generate up to 3 Mutant Apes. These mutants were intended to create a cheaper alternative to the Bored Apes, but the student has become the master. Even though the mutants are still cheaper, they have generated $146 million in trading volume over the past 7 days. That’s $2 million more than the Bored Apes had over the same time period.
Interestingly, there’s also an active market for the Serum NFTs. The Bored Ape Chemistry Club collection has seen $40.8 million in trading. There are three different serums, and each ape can only use one of each.
The interest in Bored Apes doesn’t come only from the release of Mutant Apes. Auction house Sotheby’s announced that they will auction some Apes. The auction will happen on September 2nd, further cementing the position of the relatively new NFT collection. In addition, a range of celebrities joined the Bored Apes community, including basketball superstar Stephen Curry.