Submission is open from May 9th to July 23rd, 2022
Telos wants to fuel its NFT ecosystem boom with the Mission NFT challenge, giving out 175,000 TLOS tokens in prizes to those who submit their project in the Mission NFT challenge. Anyone with an ambition to shine in the NFT art world can apply.
- The Mission NFT Challenge is a strategic move for Telos to expand its NFT ecosystem. The contest lasts from May 9th to July 23rd, 2022
- The competition encourages anyone with a talent and interest in digital art to participate. Winners will be decided via two-round voting.
- The top 5 entrants will receive 25,000 TLOS. Additionally, Telos’ in-house NFT curator, The Big Gooey, will handpick a winner to receive an additional 50,000 TLOS.
The arrival of non-fungible tokens (NFT) finally allows art aficionados to collect and store authentic original digital artworks. So how does an NFT work? NFTs make digital items distinguishable from one another by a unique number, a token ID immutably stored on the blockchain. Therefore, making it a perfect technology for a certificate of authenticity.
Equally important to point out is that the current NFT ecosystem is not perfect. The congestion of the Ethereum network and surging in astronomical gas fees caused by the NFT land sale of Bored Ape Yacht Club is still fresh on our minds. Fortunately, effective solutions are already here. Telos offers a lightning-fast, cost-efficient, and EVM-compatible blockchain, providing digital artists and creators a highly efficient platform for their creations with an engaging community that embraces Web 3.0.
Partnering with Byt.io, Telos introduced the Mission NFT Challenge to invite digital artists to experience the seamless NFT creation on the Telos blockchain. More importantly, Telos endeavors to promote emerging digital and visual artists of the Web3.
How to participate in Telos’ Mission NFT Challenge
Telos believes that the future of NFTs will play an essential role in the crypto industry and our lives more broadly. With that in mind, the Mission NFT Challenge opens the doors for artists to realize their imagination and brings diverse artworks to the market.
The competition is open to all digital designers. Whether a digital artist looking to venture into NFTs for the first time or just an enthusiastic amateur, Telos can support creators’ dream NFT projects with the money prize and an easy-to-use minting platform. Additionally, participants are allowed to create in a collaborative way to compete in this contest.
Requirements for successful submission projects:
- Different media will have different requirements for file submission. For example, 3D artists need to provide a video of their work in .mp4 format. For more details, check out the official challenge entry requirements, where applicants can also learn about the details regarding submitting art for NFT generation.
- Additionally, applicants need to provide an artist statement video to explain the project, the purpose of entering the contest, and why they decided to build on Telos.
- Applicants also need to provide 5-10 rough ideas of what their NFTs will look like as a finished product.
- If applicants use a collection that has already been minted for the contest, they need to provide a summary of the project.
- Applicants need to give a disclaimer that allows Telos to use their video statements in promotion advertising.
It is worth noting that Telos will confirm with applicants that their project is verified for entry. The entry is NOT accepted until the applicant receives a VERIFICATION EMAIL from the Telos team.
Voting Process and Prize Pool
The contest registration opened on Monday, May 9th, at 12:00 pm EST, and the deadline for project submission is on Thursday, July 23rd, at 12:00 pm EST.
There will be two rounds of voting to decide the winners. The first stage is the Public Voting Round, from Monday, May 23rd, 12:00 pm EST to Thursday, July 23rd, 12:00 pm EST. In this round, the Telos team will invite the public to vote and select twenty finalists. The second round is the Judging Round, the final stage where judges will pick five winners.
Each of the top 5 entrants will receive 25,000 TLOS, Telos’s native token. Additionally, Telos’ in-house NFT curator, The Big Gooey, will handpick a winner to receive another 50,000 TLOS as a strategic investment into the project to ensure its success on the Telos network.
Please be aware that the public voting round will take place on the TaiKai Network, an event platform also built on Telos.
Why should artists create on the Telos blockchain?
Digital art is not a by-product of NFT technology. It first emerged in the early 1960s as computer engineers developed painting programs that allowed pioneering artists to leave digital brushstrokes on a digital canvas.
Although existing for decades, NFTs seem to be the one breathing life into digital art, igniting a collecting frenzy since 2020. For example, ArtBlocks, one of the most recognized generative art platforms fueled by NFTs, has accumulated $1.24 billion in trading volume since its inception.
Telos has envisioned an NFT ecosystem where creativity, efficiency, and affordability can be woven into an organic whole. That is why the blockchain dedicates itself to developing an NFT curating community, a network bridging multiple secondary NFT markets, and its fast, green, and affordable infrastructure.
NFTs make digital content distinguishable and verifiable for the first time in history, further unleashing digital artists’ innovations in the digital realm. Artists and digital creators with an ambition to make a splash in the virtual world, take the Mission NFT Challenge now!
Disclaimer — This is a sponsored article. DappRadar does not endorse any content or product on this page. DappRadar aims to provide accurate information, but readers should always do their own research before taking action. Articles by DappRadar can not be considered as investment advice.