Purchased the 4 out of the 10 most expensive NFTs from last week
An avid NFT collector spent at least $7.5 million last week to acquire several Art Blocks NFTs, including 1 Ringer and 3 Chromie Squiggles. These purchases made their entire collection worth more than $31.5 million. Their purchases are only outperformed by an artwork from XCOPY selling for $2.92 million.
The biggest NFT purchase of the week has been an artwork from the NFT artist XCOPY. The artwork was created 3 years ago and sold by XCOPY for 0.5 ETH. One year later it sold for 10 ETH, only to now change hands for 1.000 ETH or $2.92 million. All Time High in the City by XCOPY is among the generation of artistic NFTs selling on SuperRare.
However, the biggest story about this week’s top NFT sales isn’t about the artwork by XCOPY. Instead, it’s about an anonymous NFT whale who’s making multi-million dollar purchases. Their wallet has not been identified on OpenSea, and it doesn’t have an ENS domain attached to it. To add to the mystery, the NFT collector only created the wallet one month ago on August 26th.
In the past month, this mysterious collector has acquired 101 NFTs from the Art Blocks collection, including Ringers, Fidenza, and Eternal Pump artworks. Furthermore, they have bought generative art by Deafbeef and an Autoglyph. Their collection has a total value of more than $31.5 million.
Judging by the usage stats of their wallet, the mysterious NFT collector does most of their purchases on OpenSea. However, they did pay $107 in gas fees on Art Blocks. This means they own at least one generative art NFT minted by themselves.
Top 10 NFT Sales – September 20 – 26
- All Time High in the City by XCOPY – $2.92 million / 1k ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Chromie Squiggle #4697 – $2.8 million / 945 ETH – Buyer’s wallet*
- Chromie Squiggle #7583 – $2.76 million / 922.5 ETH – Buyer’s wallet*
- Chromie Squiggle #2855 – $1.26 million / 420 ETH – Buyer’s wallet*
- CryptoPunk #9513 – $1.07 million / 350 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #6578 – $1.01 million / 350 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #4608 – $894.200 / 290 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Ringers #787 – $834.690 / 275 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Cupcat Official #4523 – $706.300 / 222.22 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Page by Lost Poets – $699.720 / 240 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
* – all purchases by the mystery NFT collector