Two CryptoPunks hold the top spots in this week’s ranking, while Moonbird #7963 ranks 9th
Moonbirds has been the talk of the town as of late, and one of the Moonbirds NFT sales made it into the top 10 biggest sales of the week. These charts are normally reserved for renowned and established projects like CryptoPunks, which saw Punk #7756 switch owners for $3.24 million. This makes the presence of the newly established Moonbirds collection even more remarkable.
Moonbirds #7963 exchanged hands for $412,850 or 135 ETH, placing it among the most established projects in the NFT space: CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club. Six out of the ten top sales in the past seven days have been for BAYC NFTs. The most expensive of them switched owners for 200.69 ETH or $605,660.
Interestingly, the two most expensive BAYC sales for the week all went to the same address. The wallet contains only the two NFTs and several airdropped collectibles. The owner of the wallet paid more than $1 million for the two BAYC NFT, but it seems like the rest of their collection is stored in a different wallet. This hot wallet was created 10 days ago and these are the only transactions in it aside from ETH top-ups.
Top 10 NFT sales
- CryptoPunk #7756 – $3.24 million / 1.05k ETH – buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #416 – $750,060 / 250 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #8537 – $605,660 / 200.69 ETH – buyer’s wallet*
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #9138 – $505,060 / 169 ETH – buyer’s wallet*
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #7545 – $463,470 / 150 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #3489 – $427,180 / 139.99 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #7858 – $424,020 / 140 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #5841 – $417,280 / 139.94 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Moonbirds #7963 – $412,850 / 135 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #2397 – $411,940 / 135 ETH – buyer’s wallet
Moonbirds and CryptoPunk stole the stage, Bored Apes hold their ground
CryptoPunks are a traditional sight in the top 10 NFT sales lists, however, a $3.2 million sale is not that common. The new owner of CryptoPunk #7756 quickly transferred it to a different wallet, which currently holds more than $5 million worth of NFTs. These include a total of 6 CryptoPunks, 5 Bored Apes, and 5 Mutant Apes.
Despite the rather impressive CryptoPunk sale, Bored Apes still hold the majority of positions in this week’s top 10 sales. With 6 sales of over 130 ETH each, this remains one of the top-grossing collections of all time.
DappRadar will continue monitoring the NFT space as proven leaders like BAYC rake in millions and rising stars like Moonbirds take on the challenge. If you want to have access to the most up-to-date NFT sales data, check out DappRadar PRO. Additionally, you can follow DappRdar on Twitter to get the latest NFT news first.