The mint will start on April 30, and ApeCoin is the official payment method
The Bored Ape Yacht Club’s Otherside metaverse project will launch later this week, and those who registered in advance will get a guaranteed mint allocation. They will use ApeCoin as the only payment method for all primary sales. The official announcement came after a series of alpha leaks and another BAYC hack.
- According to Otherside’s Twitter announcement, Otherside‘s upcoming mint will have a flat mint price of 305 APE per NFT
- The land sale will start on Apr 30, 2022.
- The team emphasized that users should only refer to the official Twitter account for news regarding the project.
- The announcement also led the price for one APE to climb to over $18.
On March 19, Yuga Lab, the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) team, released a teaser for the upcoming metaverse project, Otherside. Since then, fans have been in eager anticipation of Otherside’s reveal. Last week, gossip circulated on Twitter that those blue-chip NFT collections which made a cameo appearance in the teaser would be auto-whitelisted for the Otherside land drop. Others claimed that they got insider news that the land price would start from 600 APE.
Today, the fog surrounding the highly-anticipated metaverse project finally cleared. Otherside announced on its Twitter that the mint will start on April 30. So let’s dive into the details and find out whether anyone can get a piece of this hot pie.
To participate in the Otherside mint, you need APE tokens
- The mint will begin on April 30 at 12 pm ET, and the Otherside official website is the only legit venue for minting.
- Users have to go through a KYC process on the Something Is Brewing website to participate in Saturday’s mint.
- APE will be the official token to pay for minting.
- There will be a flat mint price of 305 APE, and each wallet can only mint 2 NFTs during the first wave. Subsequent waves will see the mint limit increase.
- A total of 55,000 land NFTs will be available for purchase during the mint.
- BAYC and MAYC holders will be able to claim an NFT for 21 days after the auction. KYC is not compulsory for BAYC and MAYC holders to claim. But if they want to participate in the auction, then KYC applies to them as well.
Monday this week, BAYC announced that its Instagram account had been hacked, and fake land minting news started circulating in the community. To further ensure that users go to the safe links for the upcoming mint, the Twitter thread emphasized multiple times that the Twitter accounts of OthersideMeta, BAYC, Yuga Labs, and Animoca Brands will be the only official social media to announce project-related news. Additionally, the official Discord servers of Otherside and BAYC will also keep updating the project’s latest status.
Rumors suggesting the size and pricing of the upcoming mint have been circulating social media feeds for weeks.
The Otherside team has finally revealed more details about the mint, bringing clarity to the matter. According to the official announcement, there will be a total of 55,000 land NFTs allocated for the mint. Each of them will cost 305 APE. You can find more information about the technical process for the mint here.
APE has been flying high for a week
ApeCoin started to climb since the news leak of Otherside’s upcoming mint last week. And without any surprise, the official announcement contributed to the token price’s further increase. Currently, ApeCoin is at $18.8, up 18% over the past 7 days and 32% in 30 days.
Meanwhile, BAYC has also witnessed an increase in numbers within 7 days, registering a 186% increase in user numbers and 166% in transactions. The latest floor price for a BAYC NFT is 139.8 ETH ($400,97). Notably, in the past 24 hours, Apes were traded at prices significantly above this figure, with Ape #8780 sold at 190 ETH, Ape #1835 at 180 ETH, and Ape #2153 at 180 ETH.