Calling all developers for The Open DeFi Notification Protocol
DeFi.org has teamed up with DappRadar to launch a $100,000 developer grant program for The Open DeFi Notification Protocol. This grant invites teams and tech talents to contribute new projects to The Open DeFi Notification Protocol.
- Powered by Orbs, The Open DeFi Notification Protocol is a platform that allows users to stay informed of their on-chain DeFi events.
- The Open DeFi Notification Protocol empowers 20 dapps across five networks, including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Fantom, and Avalanche.
- Various DeFi dapps, such as SushiSwap and Alpaca Finance, already utilize The Protocol to better inform their users of critical DeFi moments.
- The platform launched a $100,000 grant program in partnership with DappRadar.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol is a free-to-use, mobile-friendly, community-driven initiative that keeps users aware of their on-chain DeFi events. The Protocol runs on Orbs’ decentralized network, consisting of independent nodes known as the Orbs Guardians.
The Protocol supports 20 dapps across five networks, including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Fantom, and Avalanche. In addition, it can push alerts on all sorts of events, including stop-loss, price movement, TVL changes, contract upgrades, and more, to help users stay informed.
To start using The Open DeFi Notification Protocol, download the app from AppStore and Google Play.
Lately, the platform launched a $100,000 grant program in collaboration with DappRadar, letting developers’ ambitions and brilliant ideas fuel the platform’s expansion.
How to participate in the Grant
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol is built with community-driven collaboration at its core. This open-source project allows and encourages anyone to contribute and integrate notifications with its platform.
The Grant program can help development teams to move their projects forward more significantly by supporting them in various aspects. A snapshot of the program is as follows.
- Start date: 30/05/22
- End date: 30/09/22
- Duration: 4 months
- Grants: Available total of up to $100,000, with up to $10k per dev team
The Grant Committee formed by defi.org mentors will rate the entries on four parameters to determine the final winner and the prize. The four parameters are as follows.
- Project contributions: The team must contribute at least one project to be eligible for the grant. However, more contributions will earn more points from the judges.
- Active notifications: the Grant encourages teams to develop more active notifications for their project.
- Innovation: teams are allowed to make use of the existing projects and use cases found in this repo. However, new and innovative use cases and integrations will earn extra points.
- Social media presence: teams need to announce their contribution on Twitter and tag @orbs_network, @DappRadar, and @DefiOrg. It is also worth noting that additional social media activities, such as educational blog posts, tutorial videos, etc., will get extra consideration from the judges.
Developers can also learn more about integrating The Open DeFi Notification Protocol with this article. It showcases how DeFi dapps, such as SushiSwap and Alpaca Finance, utilize The Protocol to better inform their users of critical DeFi moments.
Once ready, dev teams can submit their entry in this form.
Developer resources – new notification implementation in a nutshell
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol’s Github site provides developers with a wealth of material to help them get started. In addition, developers can check out this README file for step-by-step instructions on integrating a new project.
Now let’s look closely at how to implement a new notification.
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol is a highly developer-friendly platform. If developers are familiar with smart contracts, it only takes around 30 minutes to create a new notification on the platform. Moreover, there’s no need to run any backend, develop any UI or modify the project’s smart contracts.
Finally, the alert nodes will trigger a push notification and send it to the user when the system finds any new notification.
Integration Example: Aave
The example below shows how The Protocol allows Aave users to get notified when their position health factor drops below 1.1.
As mentioned previously, developers can contribute to the protocol Github repo via PR. Once the PR is accepted, the project will immediately appear inside the mobile app, enabling this new notification type. Moreover, developers can customize the project label, logo, and colors by adding a small JSON file next to the class.
Join the Grant and level up your user experience
The cryptocurrency trading market is in constant flux. From time to time, users are drowning in a sea of information. Thanks to The open DeFi notification protocol, teams can utilize this critical tool to optimize the DeFi experience for their users.
By launching the Grant program, DeFi.org and DappRadar look forward to seeing innovative projects to enrich the Open DeFi Notification Protocol platform. Developers can submit their entries with this form and contact the defi.org team through Telegram for more information.
Learn more about The Open DeFi Notification
Notification app: iOS, Android
Disclaimer — This is a sponsored article. DappRadar does not endorse any content or product on this page. DappRadar aims to provide accurate information, but readers should always do their own research before taking action. Articles by DappRadar can not be considered as investment advice.