Newly launched NFT collection acquired by Nike became the talk of town
With 5 entries in the Top 10 NFT Sales the CloneX NFT Collection had a strong debut week following their reveal, but a CryptoPunk became last week’s biggest sale. A little bit less than 400 ETH or $1,57 million and pennilesswassie.eth added the dark skinned hoodie punk to their other two hoodie punks and the rest of their $72 million portfolio.
When it comes to NFT collections, CryptoPunks have become the true blue-chip. Even in a bear market investors are willing to pay millions to get their hands on the right punk. The buyer of Punk #9953 is also a whale in the Cupcats and OnchainCats NFT collections, owning 181 and 177 NFTs respectively. Even though their biggest investments are in DeFi with big positions on Curve and Aave.
While Punks have become a thing for big money, new collections try to steal their thunder. One of the latest NFT collections to do so, is CloneX. RTFKT Studios revealed these NFT avatars on Monday, only to announce their acquisition by sports powerhouse Nike one day later. Two CloneX avatars switched hands for more than $1 million each. WhaleShark, one of the most notable NFT collectors, bought two of the Clones in the Top 10 NFT Sales, bringing their total to 20 CloneX NFTs.
At the same time Lungis.eth bought another 2 clones, bringing their total to 234 CloneX NFTs. In addition, they still have 190 mintvials, establishing themselves as one of the biggest CloneX whales on the market.
Top 10 NFT Sales – December 13-19, 2021
- CryptoPunk #9953 – $1,57 million / 399.69 – Buyer’s wallet
- Machine Hallucinations, by Refik Anadol – $1,18 million / 300.69 WETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CloneX #15920 – $1,12 million / 289 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CloneX #13692 – $1,08 million / 288 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Home, Decentraland – $927,000 / 300,000 MANA – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #5725 – $803,070 / 199.79 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape #118 – $796,560 / 200 WETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CloneX #4939 – $750,800 / 200 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CloneX #19488 – $696,460 / 175 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CloneX #16647 – $652,910 / 165 WETH – Buyer’s wallet