BakerySwap also seeing lots of NFT action this week
With a $650,000 price tag, F2Pool founder Wang Chun acquired an estate in The Sandbox, which also became the most expensive NFT sale of the week. In addition, DeFi NFTs by BakerySwap have been attracting more eyeballs, resulting in three positions in this week’s DappRadar Top 10 NFT Sales.
The seller of the estate in The Sandbox is probably happy with this deal, as he originally acquired it for 1,22 million SAND or $213,116. He made half a million dollars simply by holding an asset for a few months.
The 24×24 estate changed hands for $650,000. The buyer is F2Pool founder Wang Chun, who has plans to develop a Dogecoin headquarters for all those $DOGE fans.
The Top 10 NFT Sales aren’t only about The Sandbox. The Brock Pierce Foundation acquired an artwork called Dream at Burning Man 2015 Edition for $151,000. The money goes to the charity organization Burning Man Project. Through SuperRare an artwork featuring Anya Taylor-Joy (The Queen’s Gambit) sold for $115,000.
In addition, we see BakerySwap stand out from the crowd with three mentions in this week’s top 10. These BakerySwap Combo NFT are basically yield farming NFT’s backed by other currencies.
Top 10 NFT Sales – May 31st – June 6th
- The Sandbox (24×24 estate) – $650,000 – buyer’s wallet
- BakerySwap Combo #128 – $458,120 / 115,000 BAKE – buyer’s wallet
- BakerySwap Combo #106 – $236,000 / 60,000 BAKE – buyer’s wallet
- Meebit #7470 – $154,300 / 59,87 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Dream at Burning Man 2015 – $151,800 / 56 WETH – buyer’s wallet
- Meebit #18979 – $142,540 / 52 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bakery Combo #887 – $135,150 / 31,250 BAKE – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #8023 – $132,000 / 49,99 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- The Many – $115,320 / 42,6 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunks – punk 2550 – $105,590 / 40 ETH – buyer’s wallet
Axies and Bored Apes stealing the show
Looking at the NFT collections, there are two projects really growing at the moment: Axie Infinity and Bored Ape Yacht Club. The former is a play-to-earn game that is gaining popularity as more people discover the financial benefits of play-to-earn games. While the latter is an NFT collectible series that also serves as a community membership.
Axie Infinity already showed lots of growth last week, and now again doubled its trading volume week-over-week. The total volume is now more than $21,59 million in the past 7 days. At the same time, Bored Ape Yacht Club grew its trading volume 257% to just over $9 million.
While Bored Apes are stealing headlines, CryptoPunks is dropping. In the past 7 days its trading volume dropped more than 56% to $2,93 million.