The Sandbox land NFT follows with an $815,600 sale
3FMusic and their Coffin Dance purchase disrupted the traditional Bored Ape Yacht Club and CryptoPunks dominance over the top NFT sales charts. The NFT based on the famous internet meme came into existence with the support of the Ukrainian Web3 community and in collaboration with Matthew “DigiNeko” Ordrick. Ordrick uploaded the original video to Youtube in late March 2020.
The Coffin Dance meme rose to popularity during the Covid crisis in 2020, bringing a little bit of dark humor to the Internet. Now that the dust has somewhat settled, the meme becomes a valuable collectible on the blockchain.
Aside from rare meme action, this week’s top 10 NFT sales list brings a somewhat surprising runner-up. While metaverse land has been losing value throughout March, last week, a 6×6 estate plot was auctioned for more than $815,000 in SAND tokens.
Top 10 NFT Sales
- Coffin Dance (Dancing Pallbearers) – $1.06 million / 327 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Shibuya LAND Sale – 6×6 Estate M [78,-6] – $815,600 / 267,400 SAND – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #5149 – $797,590 / 245 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #3088 – $723,360 / 220 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #1131 – $633,830 / 180 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #3667 – $459,010 / 133 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Azuki #8235 – $452,140 / 135 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #5244 – $440,530 / 135 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #8222 – $433,430 / 129.4 ETH – buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape Yacht Club #2579 – $428,000 / 130 ETH – buyer’s wallet
3FMusic is building an impressive NFT collection
3FMusic first came into the NFT spotlight about a year ago. Back then the company won a bidding war for an NFT of a New York Times article. The Dubai-based music company paid over half a million dollars for the NFT.
A year later, 3FMusic’s vault holds 1930 NFTs with a total value of over $5 million. You can find 3 Bored Apes, 2 CryptoPunks, a Beeple Everydays NFT, and numerous art collectibles. 3FMusic also holds 3 NFT Worlds NFTs and a Decentraland land plot. In other words, the music group is building a massive collection featuring a little bit of everything available in the NFT space.
Even more interesting is their interest in memes. The 3FMusic wallet contains various NFTs based on memes, including Nyan Cat, Side Eyeing Chloe, Overly Attached Girlfriend, and Disaster Girl.
DappRadar will continue monitoring the NFT space as big collectors like 3FMusic amass enviable portfolios. If you want to learn more about the latest mega sales and what’s trending in the space, visit the complete Top NFT Sales Ranking. Additionally, you can follow DappRadar on Twitter, and join our PRO community, to get the most up-to-date NFT sales data out there.