Ethereum co-founder will livestream the reveal of another unique Mega Mutant Ape
Ethereum co-founder Taylor Gerring bought a Bored Ape Mega Mutant Serum NFT for 888 ETH or $3,6 million, causing a stir within the Bored Ape community. The NFT allows the holder to mint a unique Bored Ape mutant, which will result in an extremely rare NFT in the Mutant Ape Yacht Club collection. The NFT purchase has been the most expensive one in the past week.
In the Top 10 NFT Sales we find various Bored Apes and CryptoPunks, but that’s nothing out of the ordinary. Three NFT sales stand out in this week’s top list. In fifth place we have a Fidenza, one in a series of blockchain generated artworks by Tyler Hobbs. In second place we find the Red Dragon from the Mirandus Vox collection.
Without a doubt the sale of the Mega Mutant Serum stands out. The Mega Mutant Serum, or M3 Serum, is the rarest of them all. Mutant Apes with the Mega attribute have switched wallets on a couple of occasions, so far going up to 350 ETH a few months ago. Supposedly Gerring will make a social happening out of the Mega Mutant Ape minting, as he has plans to livestream the event.
The $3,6 million paid for the Mega Mutant Serum has become one of the most expensive NFT ever sold on the Ethereum blockchain. The sale entered the charts at the 20th position in the all time NFT sales. It’s worth noting that the seller of the Serum NFT received the NFT for free, for being part of the Bored Ape community. Their portfolio is worth over $8 million.
Top 10 NFT Sales – Dec 20-26, 2021
- Bored Ape, Mega Mutant Serum – $3,6 million / 888 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Red Dragon, Mirandus Vox – $1,48 million / 375 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #9137 – $1,22 million / 310 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #7656 – $1,17 million / 285,69 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Fidenza #545 – $1,11 million / 275 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #8305 – $1,01 million / 250 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape #2402 – $816,890 – 200 WETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape #605 – $789,040 / 199 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunk #8713 – $714,050 / 178,99 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Bored Ape #1657 – $713,560 / 175 WETH – Buyer’s wallet