Axie Infinity did $161,000,000 in trading volume in the past week
With a $2 million price tag, the double-faced piggy Meebit #17522 has become the biggest on-chain NFT purchase of the last week. The DappRadar Top 10 NFT Sales gets completed by assets from Axie Infinity, CryptoPunks, and artwork by Hackatao.
While Axie Infinity continues its march for world domination, the biggest NFT sale from this week came from a surprising collection: Meebits. A double-faced pig Meebit sold for 1,000 ETH or more than $2,17 million.
The buyer’s wallet is a bit mysterious. Meebit #17522 is currently the only NFT in their collection. The NFT collector used a new wallet, funded through FTX Exchange, to purchase the Meebit. Considering the time of the money transfer and the purchase of the NFT, we can only assume that the buyer and the seller made a deal beforehand.
The sale of this particular Meebit is spectacular. However, this week also marked the sale of another $1 million+ punk in the CryptoPunks series. In addition, an individual Genesis land parcel for Axie Infinity sold for $659,760, which is the most expensive purchase for an individual plot so far. The buyer also acquired a second Genesis land parcel, which is in fourth place in this week’s charts.
Complete Top 10 NFT Sales (July 5th – 11th)
- Meebits – #17522 – $2,17 million / 1,000 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunks – #6297 – $1,17 million / 520,69 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- Axie Infinity – Genesis land – $659,760 / 300 WETH*
- Axie Infinity – Genesis land – $637.840 / 269.42 WETH*
- Axie Infinity – Genesis land – $632.25k / 292.5 WETH
- Axie Infinity – #3429 – $366.34k / 175 WETH
- Hackatao, Warhol Thinks Pop3 – $213.18k / 100 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunks – #7569 – $192.32k / 90 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunks – #4324 – $186.6k / 80 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
- CryptoPunks – #939 – $186.56k / 80 ETH – Buyer’s wallet
* – same buyer
Axie Infinity bigger than everything combined
The battle game Axie Infinity already had a stellar quarter, according to the DappRadar Industry Report for Q2 2021. This trend continues in July. Over the past week Axie Infinity has almost doubled its trading volume, reaching more than $161,980,000 in NFT trading volume. Sales is up 50% to 324,106 over the past 7 days.
In comparison the $12,69 million for CryptoPunks and $7,09 million for Cool Cats are just small numbers. However, both collections are part of a bigger trend: avatars in the metaverse.
Collections like CryptoPunks, Cool Cats, Meebits, Bored Ape Yacht Club, and VeeFriends all combine avatar ownership with social status within a wide community. Owning these NFTs can come with additional benefits, including access to exclusive content.